Pantry Pizza on the Survival Grill
Here is a fast and delicious pizza, super easy to make with pantry ingredients on the survival grill.
Ingredient list for a single pizza that serves 4:
One 6.5 oz. packages Great Value pizza crust.
One 14 oz. jar Great Value pizza sauce. (1/2 jar per pizza).
One 2.25 oz. Great Value sliced California ripe olives, drained. (1/2 can per pizza).
One 7 ounce Great Value pieces and stems mushrooms, drained. (1/2 can per pizza).
One 15 ounce Ricos White Queso Blanco cheese sauce. (1/2 can per pizza). You will find this with the pizza ingredients.
Packaged Pepperoni slices.
Red pepper flakes are optional.
Extra light olive oil to coat the dough and the baking foil.
Small mixing bowl
Knife or pizza cutter
Oven mitt or hot pad
Wooden pizza board, optional but great for outdoor food prep
Step by step directions:
1. In small bowl combine crust mix and 1/2 cup hot (not boiling) water. Stir about 30 strokes with spoon. Shape dough into ball with well-oiled hands. Cover with foil. Let rest 5 minutes.
2. Oil a piece of foil slightly smaller than the grill surface.
3. With well-oiled hands, press dough on to foil. Roll a small rim around the edges.
4. Add sauce to within ½ inch of edges.
5. Top with pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, dollups of cheese sauce, and red pepper flakes, if desired.
6. Preheat covered grill with regulator opened to ¾ position.
7. Bake pizza, covered, 10 minutes. Using oven mitt, check to see if cheese has melted, and if not, replace cover and bake 5 more minutes or until bottom of crust is golden and cheese is melted.
This recipe is ready in under 30 minutes and is easily doubled by adding another crust mix.
Tip: Remember that the grill temperature is lowered by removing the lid and increased by leaving the lid in place and allowing time for the temperature to increase. A good practice to assure even baking is to check the thermometer every 5 minutes.
From the test kitchen of Robinson Crusoe Recipes