Pantry PB&J Muffins on the Survival Grill
Peanut butter and jelly makes these grill baked honey bran muffins kid friendly.
You don’t even need a bowl, since they mix right in the bag.
Ingredient list for six muffins:
One package Martha White Honey Bran muffin mix.
2/3 cup evaporated milk.
Six teaspoons Goobers peanut butter and jelly.
Twin pack of 6 muffin foil pans.
Paper baking cups.
Oven mitt or hot pad.
Wooden pizza board, optional but great for outdoor prep work.
Step by step directions:
1. Zip open muffin mix across top and pour in 2/3 cup milk.
2. Stir until well moistened, squeezing bottom corners to ensure complete mixing.
3. Put 1 ½ tablespoons water into each cup of one foil pan. Place second pan over the top and line with paper cups.
4. Evenly distribute all but 6 tablespoons of batter into the cups.
5. Place 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and jelly mixture into center of each cup.
6. Spoon remaining batter on top, about 1 tablespoon more in each cup.
7. Preheat covered grill with gas open to 1/2 position and thermometer in place on grill grate.
8. Place muffins on grill when temperature reaches 400 degrees.
9. Bake 15 – 18 minutes or until muffins are golden and feel firm to the touch.
10. Remove muffins from grill and allow to cool for 10 minutes, as centers will be hot.
Tip: Remember that the grill temperature is lowered by removing the lid and increased by leaving the lid in place and allowing time for the temperature to increase. A good practice to assure even baking is to check the thermometer every 5 minutes.
From the test kitchen of Robinson Crusoe Recipes