Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup On the Survival Grill
After taste-testing numerous brands from across the country, here is the number one pick in soup mixes for a quick emergency meal.
Ingredients for Soup, serves 4-6:
One-half package Shore Lunch Creamy Wild Rice Soup Mix (You can order this online if not available at your local grocery)
Four cups water
One 10 oz. can chunk chicken breast, fully cooked
Two quart all stainless or all enamel sauce pan with lid
Heavy duty oven mitt or hot pad
Step by step directions:
1. Pour 4 cups of water in 2 qt. saucepan. Place pan on hot grill and invert lid if necessary for grill cover clearance.
2. Bring water to a gentle boil on the covered grill on high heat.
3. Lower heat to medium and stir in can of chicken and ½ of soup mix. Be sure to shake pouch before opening to evenly distribute ingredients.
4. Simmer for 20 – 25 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
5. Soup is ready when rice is fully cooked.
6. When removing from heat, remember to use the heavy duty mitt as the handle will be very hot.
From the test kitchen of Robinson Crusoe Recipes