Chocolate Marble Ready To Go Bread
Start with two easy muffin mixes and soon you can stash this Chocolate Marble Loaf in the freezer. Grab it and go for snacking on the road, or for an instant morale boost after the power goes out.
Ingredient list for Chocolate Marble Loaf:
One (7.4 oz.) package Martha White Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
One (7.4oz.) package Martha White Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
1 cup evaporated milk, pop top or have a can opener handy
1/2 cup chocolate chips for topping, optional
Extra light olive oil or cooking spray to coat loaf pan
8×4 inch loaf pan
Spoon or spatula for stirring
Step by step directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat loaf pan with oil or spray.
2. Zip open muffin mixes across the top and add ½ cup of milk to each pouch.
3. Stir each pouch until well moistened, squeezing bottom corners to ensure complete mixing.
4. Pour half of dark batter into oiled pan, then all the vanilla batter and finally the rest of the dark on top . Swirl top of batter with a knife in an S pattern. Sprinkle with chips.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until firm in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen sides with knife before removing from pan.
6. Wrap tightly in foil and slip into 1 gallon freezer bag. Date bag and store in freezer.
7. Defrost to serve, and slice with serrated knife.
From the test kitchen of Robinson Crusoe Recipes