Chicken Pot Pie on the Survival Grill
A hot meal that is easily made on the survival grill from a soup mix and other long shelf life ingredients.
One-half pouch Shore Lunch Classic Chicken Noodle Soup Mix (Available from your grocer or Soups.com)
One cup evaporated milk
One 10 oz. can chunk chicken breast, fully cooked
One 7.75 oz. package Bisquick Complete Cheese-Garlic Biscuits Mix
Four and one-half cups water
2 Quart Saucepan with Lid
Oven mitt or hot pad
Step by step directions:
1. Pour 4 cups water into 2 qt. pot. Bring to a gentle boil on the covered grill on high heat.
2. Lower heat to medium and stir in ½ soup mix. (Be sure to shake pouch a bit before opening to evenly distribute ingredients). Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. While soup is simmering, prepare Cheese-Garlic Biscuits by adding ½ cup water to mix. Reserve 1 tablespoon of dry mix for thickening soup.
4. Stir until soft dough forms.
5. Add the one tablespoon dry biscuit mix into one cup of evaporated milk.
6. Stir milk mixture into soup.
7. Top with dollops of prepared biscuit mix.
8. Cover grill with lid and bake 15 – 18 minutes or until center of biscuit topping tests done.
9. Six hearty servings.
From the test kitchen of Robinson Crusoe Recipes.